Andee Comics Ltd. He is a graduate of University of Ghana, Legon. He is also a part-time farmer and is the farm operations officer with Santo Granja.
Five Questions with Dextro:
1. How long have you been writing poetry?
I have been writing poetry since 2001. That was when I entered into Senior Secondary School in Accra Academy. The very first poem I wrote was a comic poem entitled "Keysoap".
2. Who are your favourite poets? Which poets have most informed and inspired your work?
Kofi Anyidoho, Kofi Awoonor and Prof. Atukwei Okai have been my favourites. Prof. Atukwei Okai's mastery of the English language and his ability to employ the perfect literary devices for the right situation with ease has really inspired me. He is also very flexible with his choice of words depending on the genre of poem and the messages he wants to put across.
3. What do you hope to accomplish with your poetry?
I hope to tackle some of society's pressing and fundemental issues by bringing them to the fore. Secondly, I wish to provide refreshment to the minds and spirits of people especially during stressful times like these.
4. Were you interested in poetry when you were at Legon? If so, did you get up to any poetry-related activity on campus?
I didn't really give poetry much attention during my days in Legon. I was more into entertainment and sports during that times.
5. Tells us a bit about your work with Andee Comics. Do your poetry and comics overlap in your mind? Does one inspire or influence the other?
I was just writing bedtime stories for conversion into cartoons and 3Ds at Andee Comics.
Post a Comment